Recently I’ve been listening to more of the same bands. I’m taking a second look at my favorite bands: Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, Spoon, Arctic Monkeys, etc. Probably falling in love with all of them…All over again.
1. Spoon’s “Something To Look Forward To”
I love Spoon. Especially their name. They have fantastic instrumentals that I hum in my head all day.
2. Arctic Monkey’s “Fluorescent Adolescent”
“Fluorescent Adolescent” is the second song I ever heard from this band. I found them on Youtube forever ago, and I almost forgot about them until they released their “Suck it and See” album this year.
3. Arcade Fire’s “Ready To Start”
I honestly liked Arcade Fire’s “Funeral” album better than “The Suburbs”. I think “Ready To Start” is the one of the stronger pieces.
4. Modest Mouse’s “I’ve Got It All(Most)”
Modest Mouse is awesome.
5. Ed Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero’s “Home”
This song reminds me of the 70s or something. It has that vintage feel but it’s from 2010.